Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 11: My Childhood Bedroom

What kind of things did you display in your childhood bedroom?

As a kid I loved my stuffed animals and dolls. I always had a huge pile of them on my bed. I believed that they were really alive and would get up and play when I was at school. I would always lecture them to "get along" and behave themselves. :)

When I got older I kept my three china dolls on my bed, Carol, Amber, and Katie. I loved them and still have them. They are in Aftyn's room now. 

On my walls I had things that I made or inspirational pictures like the temple. Funny, when I grew up, got married, and left home, my mom kept my room exactly the same. Everything just stayed on my walls as a shrine to my childhood. :)

As far as collections go, I wasn't really a collector, per se. I did collect troll dolls for a while and still have those. I had a goal as a kid to collect one stuffed animal of every kind of animal. I didn't make it too far but I did have a lot of stuffed animals. I've gotten rid of most of them but still have a few of my favorites. I also collected Baby-Sitters Club books and kept those for my own girls to read.

I think I've learned from reading this post that I haven't changed much from when I was a kid. I suppose that's a good thing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment