Sunday, February 19, 2017

#52Stories: Week 8 Childhood Pastimes

Week 8: What were your favorite hobbies and pastimes in your childhood?

When I was a kid I had a typical childhood. I loved to play outside with my friends or with my sister and brother. We had lots of trees in our yard and I was always climbing them. I also loved to read and I still do. I don't climb trees anymore though. ;) Video games were a huge part of my childhood too. Back then girls didn't really play video games, at least none of my  friends did. Lucky for Nathan he found a girl who liked them and could play them. :) I also watched a lot of TV. My parents both worked and we were often home alone. We filled the hours with TV. I still like to watch TV. I find it relaxing. :) 

I loved to play with dolls, barbies, and stuffed animals. I could play for hours with them by myself or with friends. I enjoyed riding my bike and rollerblading until I wasn't in a brace and then couldn't. I loved to be with my family. We'd walk our beagles on nice days or go to the Lake. We'd go for drives and have picnics.   

When I got older and outgrew my toys, I was a typical teenager. I liked to hang out with my friends, watching movies and such. Sometimes we'd just drive around because there wasn't much to do in our hometown. :) I liked to go on evening walks with my mom. I enjoyed spoiling my little brother, Sterling. I loved to go on shopping excursions in St.George or Flagstaff. I loved clothes shopping. That hasn't changed. ;)

As far as hobbies go I discovered when I was about 11 that I loved crafting. I began creating things to hang on my bedroom walls. I still make many of the things displayed on my walls. I learned how to play the piano when I was 9 and the flute when I was 11. I took piano for 5 years but didn't progress very far. I can play some hymns and some primary songs but despite my lack of talent piano is a hobby I enjoyed then and now. I loved the flute from the first time I heard my sister play in middle school band. I knew that was an instrument I wanted to learn. I continue to play now because I find it very satisfying. The hobby of music has been a great blessing in my life.

This concludes Week 8. Until next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment